FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING MANAGER
The Business Ethics Alliance is hiring an individual for a part-time Finance and Account Manager position. This position’s main functions include financial decision-making and policy, communication the financial state of the organization, the creation and development of financial projections, annual and project budgets and accounting.
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY-TO-DAY
- Work directly with the Executive Director to assure that financial policy, process, and procedure are documented, implemented and maintained.
- Work directly with Administration Manager to oversee the accounting and audit functions of the organization.
- Report and communicate the financial state of the organization.
- Develop financial projections.
- Set and deliver the annual budget and oversee the financial management plans and activities of the office.
- Prepare community program, grant, and donor specific budgets to support the Alliance’s financial strategy.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or CPA is desired. Minimum of two years of financial operations experience with proficiency in all aspects of accounting and compliance within a non-profit. Demonstrates solid decision-making in a variety of arenas.
- Relies on extensive expertise and good judgment to guide the development of the organization’s future.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Good time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks well.
- Familiarity with basic technology (Word, Excel, email, calendar, etc.)
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Work independently, yet have a strong team focus.
- Able to commit to three - five hours per week during Alliance regular business hours (9am-4pm, Monday-Friday).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Cover Letter
- Two References
To apply, send required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our strong belief that all employees and volunteers should be treated with respect and dignity. The Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunities for all qualified people. We prohibit discrimination by or against any person on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, veteran status or any other classification prohibited by law. The Alliance will provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
Position open until the job is filled.