Specialty programs manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Working hours: Part-Time: .50 FTE
The Business Ethics Alliance is hiring an individual to lead and manage all current and future Specialty Programs and assist with Signature Programs and fundraising that contributes to growing the Alliance and the community in a positive way.
The Alliance is a one-of-a-kind city-level initiative committed to providing practical positive business ethics. We do this through our community programs, speaking engagements, custom workshops, and a variety of fee-based ethics products. Our office is housed on Creighton University’s campus. We are a partnership with the Omaha business community, the Heider College of Business at Creighton University, the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce, and the Better Business Bureau.
Alliance Core Values
- Big Impact - We stretch for game-changing results that inspire ethical business practices in our community, nation, and world.
- Ever Learning - We embrace the need to learn and continuously improve.
- Supportive - We look out for every member of our team and the greater good of the organization.
- Tenacious - We work hard and don’t give up.
- Respectful - We behave in ways that value everyone’s thoughts, beliefs, and feelings.
What to Expect Day-to-Day
- Develops and executes a strategic Specialty Programs plan.
- Designs, creates, and implements all Specialty Programming, including the “Omaha Way” initiative (Emerging Leaders’ Ethics on Tap, Senior Leaders/Emerging Leaders mentoring), VP Ethics Exchange, Midsize Ethics Exchange, Trustees Talk Ethics and the Ethics Rally.
- Supports the Director of Programming with Signature Programs, including the Executive Breakfasts, Networking Luncheons, Mind Candy Dialogues, Ethics on Trial, and Annual Trustee Meeting.
- Attends meetings and supports the Emerging Leaders committee and Programming committee.
- Aligns current Specialty Programming and new Specialty Programming with marketing efforts and strategy. Works with the Marketing and Communications Manager on Specialty Program marketing material and timelines.
- Responsible for Specialty Program budgets and supports development sponsorship strategy.
- Produces sponsorship reports for Specialty Program event sponsors.
- Plans and sends Specialty Program e-blasts via MailChimp and markets programs on social media. Updates Specialty Program information on Alliance website and manages Local Hub ticket purchase system as needed.
- Strategizes with the Executive Director on development of various fundraising streams.
- Manage the printing and mailing of the annual appeal.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least three years of experience in event planning or related field.
- Experience using social media to market programs/events.
- Experience with updating websites and using marketing automation platforms such as MailChimp.
- Familiarity with basic technology (Microsoft Office, email, calendar, etc.)
- Strong initiative and sense of responsibility.
- Creative thinker with excellent written and verbal skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with a strong team focus.
- Ability to promote the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Cover Letter
- 2 References
To apply, send required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our strong belief that all employees and volunteers should be treated with respect and dignity. The Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunities for all qualified people. We prohibit discrimination by or against any person on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, veteran status or any other classification prohibited by law. The Alliance will provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
Position open until the job is filled.